Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rebirth or New Beginnings

I have to admit it, the thought of writing a blog makes me nervous. It is, however, my hope that I can create something with this blog that you will find interesting, educational, inspirational, and enjoyable. For most of my life I have been creating artwork of one kind or another. Since 1994, I have worked primarily in fiber. I expect that to continue, but also anticipate this next year being filled with changes. The blog will be my way to share my creations and thoughts on a variety of topics with you as I work my way through those changes and move forward. I hope that you will be so kind as to give me feedback and share your thoughts with me.


To give you some idea of the things I have done, this table topper is one I made for my mother-in-law from fabrics she selected while we were visiting a quilt shop in her town. (She wasn't aware I was planning to make something for her and was just pointing out fabrics she liked.) The pattern is "Twist and Shout" from "American Patchwork & Quilting's" June 2003 issue. It was my first or second foray into free motion machine quilting.

Until next time, may you experience peace & all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment