Saturday, January 8, 2011

Best Laid Plans

As often happens, our best laid plans get sidetracked or changed in ways we don't expect. I have been working on my sketchbook, but not as often as I'd hoped. In addition, I'm learning lots of new things about the Internet and programs like Flickr, some have surprised and frustrated me. However, I am trying to roll with it and count it as a learning experience.

One very pleasant experience that came out of my setting up the blog and letting friends and relatives know is that a relative send me pictures of a quilt my Grandmother Barbara made. It appears to be from the 1930's and may have been a kit, but it was a welcome surprise. In addition, of course, I get to share them with you.



Note the embroidered kitty faces at the centers of the flowers.






The quilt has been used by eight babies, and my relative tells me it is "almost 70 years old." It amazes me how well it has weathered the use and the years.

May you have pleasant surprises in your life and experience peace and all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment