Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blessing & Loss

I realize I have been incognito for a while. Shortly after my last post, one of my brothers went into hospice after fighting cancer for two years. He passed away on September 25, 2012. We were blessed to have had him in our lives for 61 years.

The weekend of his funeral was also the weekend of the local quilt show. Since I ordinarily enter a quilt in this show and did not this year, I felt as if my decision was guided by a greater hand. Many other things happened as if precisely timed, which leaves me thinking of God's hand in things.

While my brother was a man of strong convictions who could be extremely stubborn at times, he also quietly impacted a lot of people's lives. The church was packed for his funeral and the procession to the cemetery was around 50 cars long. While a large number of cars carried family members, it struck me how many people respected and loved him. I can only hope that I can emulate him in the time remaining to me.

Wishing you peace.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, Dianne. What a wonderful tribute to your brother. I do believe that we don't have to do "great" things to have an impact in this world. As we each let our light shine and reveal who we are, we touch the lives of others.

    Wishing you peace and many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete