Saturday, April 16, 2011

Changes

The computer is back up and running, but we had to switch to the new Windows. It has created some problems for me since blogger hasn't caught up to it, yet. I am hopeful that I will be able to post normally, however. So, here is an update on what has happened in the last three weeks.

First and foremost, our grandbabies' daddy has accepted a new job. They are in the process of driving cross-country to their new home.It is a wonderful opportunity for him in an area of the country where he has wanted to live for years. It has left those of us still here rather bereft, but extremely grateful for the Internet. Thankfully, before they started their journey, we were able to spend a day with them and the babies were in good moods. I had, also, completed the quilts. So, the babies were able to get those to take with them. My intention is that they be able to use them as drag-along/comfort blankets.

As I mentioned before, my younger son (and youngest child) will be graduating from college next month, which leaves me hoping he is able to find a job in his field and begin his adult life. In the meantime, I am getting closer to retirement from my day job and beginning to wear the retiree's grin. There are so many things I want to be able to do. We'll see how many of them I actually get to after I have an additional 45 hours a week.

I have been going through my stack of UFO's, trying to decide what I still have an interest in completing. I've also been contemplating directions for my art, writing, and possible volunteer work. At the same time, I haven't forgotten the Sketchbook Challenge. Ideas percolate in the back of my mind, but I haven't yet put anything together for this month's prompt.

It appears I cannot add any images to my post this time. As with the other difficulties I have been having, I hope this is resolved, soon.

Until next time, I wish you peace and all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment