Monday, April 16, 2012

Possibilities

This spring has been quite unusual, but that has helped to provide some inspiration. For example, there has been quite a lot of this


and this


and a little bit of these



Altogether, they are enough to send my brain running after possibilities to draw, paint, stitch, and shape. At the same time, I am feeling really grateful for posts like Claudine Hellmuth's Finding Your Artistic Style, because I am in need of a lot of patience with myself. Sorting out a new career and artistic voice take time.

When I returned to college (what seems like eons ago), I didn't expect to have a degree within six months or a year. I am finding I need to cut myself some slack on learning about what has changed in technique and business since I last was a full-time artist (before I went back to college). Simultaneously, I also need to be open to a variety of possibilities. All this is to say that, while I would love to be ready to open shop sooner rather than later, the reality is that I may have to spend more time exploring first and give myself permission to do that.

In this season of new things and possibilities, I wish you time and permission to explore your talents and interests. Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. so glad you are enjoying my blog posts! it does take time! remember to enjoy the journey too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. Great words of wisdom for us all! Every time I get discouraged by how long it takes to get to the goal, I can remember to be patient with myself.

      Delete