Monday, February 28, 2011

Building blocks

I'm definitely ready for spring. At the same time, I am starting to take more concrete steps toward the changes in my life this year. My last child is graduating from college in May, and as I've mentioned before, I will "retire" from my current day job in July. I have been busily soaking up input from other artists, taking a lot of pictures of people and places I encounter, and experimenting with new (to me) techniques in my art.


When I think about "retirement" (which I keep enclosing in quotes because I won't really retire), I am excited at the possibilities and the opportunities that will be available. For the first time in years I will have the luxury of time. While I don't expect to be able to do everything I want to do, it will be a joy to do more than I can now.

If you have checked out my blog more than once, you might notice that I added some information to my profile. It is one of the first steps in those concrete steps I mentioned above. I realized that I needed to identify what my artwork is about. It also reflects some of the work I've done to determine what I need to do to make a difference in the world. I'm still working on the total picture, but at least, I have decided how it affects my art.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment